Sunday, July 19, 2015

LET THERE BE LIGHT

Lampshades are lovely things and they become more beautiful when you create new designs on them. Having inherited a number of lampshades, I decided to try my hand at a few new techniques related to decoupage.

This is the first one I made.

And this was what it looked like before.


I then made used of leftover wallpaper to decorate another lampshade.



Here's another made from a Cath Kidston design


Which matches perfectly with the seat cover of a chair that I upcycled.


And now with the light on


Once I got the hang of it, I decided to go for more challenging designs. This technique is more complicated as I must make sure that the pictures are in order.





And  with the light on....

Now that I've run out of lampshades, I will move on to decorating trays. Watch out for the next post!





No comments:

Post a Comment