Tuesday, July 21, 2015

TALLER BY THE DAY

It is rather frustrating when I am confronted by tall cabinets and a television screen that is mounted so high on the wall that I find it problematic to switch it off.

Enter the humble stool.

I had earlier on decoupaged a step stool that was painted with chalk paint.


I then acquired 2 more stools which were flat packed and I LOVE putting stuff together, screws and all. Very good, except that most of these flat packed stuff are not female friendly. Putting the screws and bolts together require immense strength. (Note to self: purchase an electric screwdriver) One of the screws did not go down well in my first attempt but I improved after that.


I decorated the stool below with leftover wall paper and stencilled the sides.


For the next stool, I painted zebra stripes and decoupaged.



Friends have asked me whether I would stand on these hand painted stools. Why not? Being an Asian, I do not wear shoes indoors and socks or fluffy slippers will not harm the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment