Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Junior Chairs and Senior Spectacle Cases

With the Irish summer getting colder and wetter by the day, I find myself spending more time indoors and therefore I have loads of hours and minutes to indulge in crafting. I embrace both the rain and the sun. I know my vegetables are happy with the rain. When the sun is out, we are normally on the road.

So, on one rare sunny day I acquired a Sugan chair.

The Sugan chair is a masterpiece in itself. The term Sugan is the Gaelic word for straw/straw rope used for chair seating. The sugan chair used to be a popular kitchen chair in county districts, particularly in the west and southwest of Ireland and they come in bespoke sizes. So, I  decided to give it a makeover.


The original Sugan chair before the makeover


When my young visitors came over for tea and cake, I brought out the sugan chair, the butler's table and the other stools that I had transformed earlier. There were smiles all round.


I then moved on to transform spectacle cases for senior eyes. We have purchased quite a number of reading glasses and left them in strategic places so we did not need to go searching for them whenever we wanted to read.



The original spectacle cases


Now that I've finished these projects, I'm looking forward to doing some other exciting stuff.





No comments:

Post a Comment