Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Mosaic Madness

What do you do with a lovely pot that has been blown down by the wind and is broken beyond repair? Turn it into a piece of art, of course! When Kathleen's prized aquamarine pot suffered great damage, she immediately thought of moi. As usual it was raining, lashes and lashes of it even and she called me to tell me that she had two bags of broken bits in her car and she had parked by the lane, so could I please go down to her car to collect them?

Putting on my mac in a jiffy, I went down to retrieve my loot. We both carried the bags into my house. Suddenly, we had enormous masculine strength. So I gave the bird house and stand a new look.

The bird house was in shambles and the birds decided not to call anymore. So I re-thatched the roof and gave it a coat of Ronseal paint. Daddy bird suffered a mishap during a storm and broke his leg. I decided to give him a new prosthetic leg a.k.a. a popsicle stick.



This is the base of the bird house stand made up of Kathleen's broken pot pieces, grout and glass beads.


Now, I do believe if the birds have taste, they will certainly come a-visiting.

 This was the former bird house stand before the makeover.

Still obsessed with the passion for mosaic creations, I bought these two terracotta pots.


And stuck glass mosaic tiles on the bigger pot.


For the smaller pot I used left over ceramic pieces that I made about 10 years ago!


Now that I'm quite satisfied with my mosaic pieces, I'm moving on to more challenging stuff.......cutting glass and making glass mosaic designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment