Saturday, June 6, 2015

A touch of Glass

I've always found glass cutting intimidating. Could it be the sound of glass breaking or the idea of being cut? But glass is so lovely so I was really excited when Nathalie who is running the upcycling class informed me that we could do glass mosaic projects. All I had to do was to bring a jar or bottle.

I brought more than one.

I bought these triangular bottles from a charity shop in Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh. I find that there is a great variety of things in charity shops in Northern Ireland and I have not been disappointed.

So Nathalie taught me how to cut coloured 3mm glass into strips and then to clip them into little pieces. These pieces are then glued on to the bottles with PVA.

                                                                    The Rising Sun


                                                                          Flowers

For the one below, I used grout to fill in the gaps so it has a stained glass effect.

Love


The sea gull and the wave


        I bought the following tealight glass holders from the Christmas market in Nenagh last year.
                                                  So I just decorated the sides with broken glass.

           I've made twelve of these little glass jar candles for a special occasion for 12 deserving people.


No comments:

Post a Comment