Sunday, August 25, 2013

Miniature Grocery shop

When I watch friends actually putting up a shed together, it never fails to amaze me...But since I have neither the strength nor the know-how, the best I can do is put little shops up. So I bought a few DIY kits for both small and big shops.The little manual enclosed in each kit is vague and the worst part is that the instructions are not in English. But I love challenges and will not leave a problem unsolved especially one that has to do with creativity. If I cannot understand the diagrams or instructions, I can create. So this is what I have done.

                                                                   Shop Front


First I assembled the walls of the shop and connected the facade to the rest of the shop with butterfly hinges. I decorated the shop front with embellishments from my craft stash. The awning was made of cloth and then stuck on paper. I then distressed the wooden parts, including the door to give it an aged look.

Inside of the shop


I used liquid model glue to fix the shelves together. Every canister was cut out from a sheet of plastic. The baskets were made of paper and twine was wound around them. The boxes were simple origami boxes. The most challenging part for me was fixing the light. The last time I handled a circuit plate was when I was in secondary school. So I thought it would be tricky but when the bulb really lit up, it felt good.

So where is the shop now?

One of my friends came, saw, and conquered it .........

No comments:

Post a Comment