Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Memories of finding faith in Ireland

When Pastor Kevin announced in church last Sunday about VOX magazine editor, Ruth Garvey-Williams coming to join us for an evening worship and asked whether anyone would be able to provide accommodation for a night, I told him she was very welcome to my home. Now, I have never met Ruth so I thought I'd go google VOX magazine and see what she looks like. It was indeed a pleasant surprise to know that Ruth had embarked on a historical journey to gather stories on how God has impacted the lives of all who live in Ireland. http://www.vox.ie/blog/item/197-findfaithtwo   I was very excited about it and decided to be part of her trip. I thought about a gift for her and then it dawned on me that making a mini album would be lovely.

Then I searched the VOX website again http://www.vox.ie/ and found some lovely photos which I downloaded and printed. I decided to stick the photos of Day 1 and Day 2 of her journey into the album to start it off.


And I waited for Ruth to arrive. 


We had a lovely time chatting and the next day, I laid out a fusion breakfast for her. East meets West - coffee, brown bread, butter, jams, cheese + dim sum.


We are proud that Ruth is at the helm of VOX magazine, asking for  so little and giving so much. Michael and I are happy to have Ruth with us. God has given us so much and seen us through thick and thin, this is just a small way of giving thanks back to God.







No comments:

Post a Comment