Tuesday, April 2, 2019

GIFTS FOR GIVING

I always say that I have only 18 waking hours daily and if I am not doing something that I am passionate about, I am just wasting my precious time. Crafting - yes! That's something I always like to do. Making things for yourself is a joy but making things for people you care for is leaving a legacy. There's no shortage of good friends who surround me, so there'll never be a shortage of things that I can make for them for special occasions or for no occasion at all. You don't need a special day to say that someone means something to you.


I made this for Bino and Melrose's first born, Malcom. He's such a little dear and such a bundle of joy. I am sure his parents will bring him up to walk in the ways of the Lord.

Then one of my lovely friends from the International Women's Organisation had to relocate to the Philippines leaving behind a lot of treasured memories. Lin Yan has been such a lovely friend - a great cook, a fantastic outdoor person - hikes, mountain climbing and all. May this little Mr Prickles bring you joy.


Then last Sunday was Mother's Day in Ireland (31 March) and I had just got acquainted with Jane from China via a mutual friend. I invited her to enjoy the occasion in Abundant Life Christian Church after which we went for lunch at Aroi, Asian Street Food since our children are away from us. Gave her a handmade item to add flavour to the occasion.




Look what's inside!


Earlier this month, Audrey decided to give her apartment a new look. So this is an oil painting that I did for her living room.


This Thursday, my lovely friend Susan has invited me for lunch. Just some potpourri sachets to  enhance the atmosphere!



Talking about fragrance, here are some lavender diffusers that I made earlier for my home.


Sometime last month too, I held a book folding workshop with some ladies from the International Women's Organisation. 



So for the host, who graciously allowed us to use her home, I made a piggy planter out of a bleach bottle for her.


In January too, we went to Mexico, Sonya's Christmas gift to us. We had an amazing time checking out Chichen Itza since I love ancient civilisations, Mayan not withstanding.

We met up with our Mexican friends Fernando and Margarita over tortilla, refried beans, tacos, burritos, quesadillas etc.etc


We carried with us Irish sweets and I made this oven hot pot holder for Margarita.



And decided to start a new scrapbook travelogue with our trip to Mexico as my first entry.



Later this month, Killaloe charity/missions will be sending some clothes to African children. So I made a dress for a little girl, complete with a cross stitched bear.


And finally other little things to surround someone's day with love.....



No comments:

Post a Comment