Friday, April 19, 2019

BUNNIES AND BONNETS

Every Easter we see shop fronts decorated with bunnies and eggs. Although not related to the actual meaning of Easter, who can resist the cute bunny and the delicious chocolate egg?

So I decided to make a soft toy bunny. As I have no paper pattern for the bunny I created my own resulting in an eighteen inch tall bunny complete with contrasting coloured ears and feet.





Every good bunny deserves a bonnet so I made the bonnet as well.


                              And here she is, Betsy Bunny adorning her new bonnet.


Still with bunnies on my mind, I also made a baby quilt for someone special. The

different layers of fabric are held together by hand sewn decorative stitches.


And now the all important eggs.....


These are decoupaged foam eggs.


Multi coloured foam eggs cascading out of a floating cup.

And this Easter I received 2 very special Finnish Easter chocolate eggs from a lovely friend. Most chocolate eggs are hollow but the Finnish  Mignon chocolate egg is solid full of almond hazelnut nougat chocolate goodness inside a real egg shell!



This Easter confectionery is made by the Fazer company, dating back from 1896, when Karl Fazer brought the recipe from Germany. Enduringly popular as parts of Finnish Easter celebrations with around two million eggs sold per year, Mignon eggs are handmade at the Fazer factory in Vantaa.




No comments:

Post a Comment