Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas Craft Workshop


When Susan suggested that I conduct a craft demonstration at the Active Retirement Group in Raheen, I couldn't wait for it to happen. As usual there was a time frame and we finally decided on two crafts - a demonstration of decoupage technique and a hands-on session of card making. The night was pretty cool so I was thankful that I was appropriately dressed in something warm and made of fleece.


A wooden wine box totally transformed




A day before the event I scouted out the place which was located in a strategic part of town. I got the basic raw materials ready, so that everyone who participated would hopefully go home satisfied with what they had created. Time wasn't really a factor as I was prepared to pay extra attention to those who needed more.







                                            Some of the lovely cards made by the ladies

All in all I enjoyed the session tremendously. It was a lovely group and a very diligent one too. Some were busily taking notes while others asked where they could purchase the materials. It was also nice to be in the teaching mode, doing what I love and speaking into a microphone.

A teacher is always a teacher, whatever the circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment