Friday, May 3, 2013

Painting wooden spoons in Vietnam

I conducted a 5-day teacher training session with teachers in Vietnam. This was a collaboration project between the Ministry of Education, Vietnam and Global Education and Development Agency. Upon arrival at the hotel where I stayed, government officials greeted and presented me with a bouquet of flowers.


Then I was whisked off to the school where the training was held.


Secondary school teachers came from surrounding towns on their motorbikes to attend the workshops. They had to wear face masks because of the dust from the laterite roads.


The teachers were all ears as I shared with them classroom strategies and management ideas.


To break the monotony of the five days of teaching, I incorporated a fun session of exploring creativity....in this case, painting wooden spoons.
And I was amazed at what they did!



Beautiful spoons to bring home to adorn the walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment