Friday, January 4, 2019

WINTER PROJECTS

I love winter and the thing that strikes me most is the silence. It is a period of winding down and contemplating. The cold, the wind and the rain outside means I spend more time indoors doing what I like best, which is crafting.

I adore Raymond Briggs' works and every time I see anything remotely related to the Snowman, I know I must have it - from paper towels to sewing kits. So here are some of the stuff that I've made with the Snowman theme.


This is for a lovely lady in Malaysia who enjoys reading my articles in the paper. I've only met her once and I know she prefers snail mail to cyber connections. The weather may be frosty but our friendship is warm.


This Advent Calendar is hand sewn and quilted. I like it that the numbers are all over the place so the child has to figure out the dates leading up to Christmas.
Then I sewed another advent calendar for my grand niece in Australia.

Hand sewn teddy bear quilt


Blanket stitched every bear

Made some pom pom sheep magnets ( I saw them in a shop in Iceland, and said to myself I must make some)


Made a bay leaf wreath. My friend gave me some fresh bay leaves and I sprayed them with gold paint.


A draft stopper for a beloved aunt


Paint brush santa for my artistic friends


Upcycled a rolling pin (which reminds me of a vintage cartoon)



Salvaged and repainted a tired hen and transformed it to a cool chick

Personalised baubles for the little ones



Lots of cards



 And finally a miniature Christmas house for my friend






No comments:

Post a Comment