Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Decoupaged Glass Plates with ICA ladies


We had our first ICA Castletroup guild meeting for 2018 and it was a privilege to show the ladies how to make a decoupaged glass plate.


There were 15 of us and we had fun putting the pieces together. Because of time constraints, I had prepared most of the materials earlier. (weave paper, serviettes, modpotch)




The ladies were very good and handled their plates with care. The results were stunning and everyone brought home a piece of art! These plates should be hand washed.

Although everyone used the same fairy cake image, the possibilities are endless : flowers, christmas scenes, sweets etc.




Where did I get this idea for the plate? Well, when we were gallivanting one day, we ambled into a gift shop and browsed around. What caught my attention were some pretty decoupaged glass plates. I had a look at one of them and decided I must make one at home. And so I did and because I have a teacher's heart, I thought it would be lovely to share this skill with my friends as well....................


No comments:

Post a Comment