Saturday, December 17, 2016

MAKING CHRISTMAS DECOR WITH FRESH FOLIAGE

There's nothing like the smell of fresh eucalyptus, pine, cyclamen and hyacinth. Imagine the sitting room infused with these gorgeous smells. Counting down to Christmas, Limerick city offers a whole host of events, crafts being one of them. I found one conducted by Tara from White Dove nurseries at the Gift Store, Limerick milk market that I like.



Tara brought a good selection of both dried and fresh foliage. There were 7 of us and each one chose a cart (which is used by vendors to display their ware on a market day) to work on our project. Some decided to do wreaths. As I knew how to make a wreath, I decided to make a swag for the mantle piece instead.


The whole process took about two hours with loads of coffee and serious concentration.

We all went home feeling very happy.


And with the remaining foliage, I decided to make 2 wreaths - one for my mother-in-law's resting place and another as a Christmas present.





No comments:

Post a Comment