Thursday, October 22, 2015

Another willow to my bow


Since I can't get enough of willow craft, I decided to sign up for yet another class in Killoscully. The class started at 10am and ended around 6pm. I managed to make a log basket during that duration.



Now more confident, I decided to purchase some willow. The willow needed to be soaked (to make it pliable ) so I used the bath tub as it was long enough to house the sticks. (a day of soaking for every foot of willow)

I wanted to make a bird feeder and I was very grateful to my cousin Paul for giving  me a few slabs of wood for the base. 

This is the first piece of willow craft that I made unsupervised.


I also made a fish platter which is perfect for sushi and deep fried calamari.



I found another interesting but more complicated bird feeder and this time round, I signed up for yet another workshop.







No comments:

Post a Comment