Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Granny Square Quilt

My daughter Sonya will be here in July to work at the Midwestern Hospital in Limerick. So looking forward as she has been living away from me. pursuing her studies and working for the past 10 years!



Last December I bought some fabric cut out of a jelly roll from a stall at the Knitting and Stitching show in RDS, Dublin. I love quilts especially if they are handmade. You can buy ready made ones quite cheaply but then again they are never the same as the ones that are handmade with lots of love, effort and time.

In view of Sonya's coming over, I decided to turn it into a Granny Square Quilt with natural cotton wadding.



Now that the granny square quilt  is done, it will serve as a summer quilt for her as she blends into Irish life and Irish weather. Most of all she'll know that she's covered every night with mumsie's love.


No comments:

Post a Comment