Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Lecturer and her Magnetic Chalk Wall

I made my first magnetic board when I was 23 and had just started teaching. Those were the days without the OHP or the LCD projector so it was a cool teaching aid - a smallish portable board covered with flannel on one side and magnetic paint on the other. Thus I could hold cut-outs with button magnets  or I could use felt backed pictures (I wonder if anyone still remembers such wonders!) on the other side.

Many years on and I managed to convince Michael to paint a part of the staircase wall black. Black? Yes.

As I spent a good many hours doodling on it ...way past midnight, I felt really good and happy. It is all about organising. Those little cards and momentos that mean something to me. Nostalgic: Photographs of my home in Malaysia and Oreo, the basset that went missing.

When my good friend was here, I've turned it into a chalk board as well.


And a lovely visitor decided to put her name on the wall too!




While still in the mood I decided to organise my ribbon collection as well by turning a box into a ribbon holder.






No comments:

Post a Comment