Thursday, September 5, 2013

My Pet shop

I love having animals around me, especially dogs. Every time I pass by a pet shop, I cannot resist going in to look at the furry friends with the big sad eyes. This explains why there is always a home for animals in my house. So I thought I would make a miniature pet shop of my own.


As you can see I'm partial to the woman's best friend - note the dog bone and the paw prints. The miniature house is made from chipboard and all the details inside the shop are handmade from paper and cloth.


The dog collars and the dog garment are made from felt and the cushions are made from cloth with felt and lace trimmings. The dog leads are made from ribbons.  The cat tree pet furniture condo is made from chip board. Rope is wound round the legs of the condo for the cat to scratch. Rope is also wound round the pet basket on the shelf. I made the pet magazine by cutting a strip of paper and folding it like a fan . Since this is my third miniature shop, I'm getting better at screwing in the butterfly hinges and fixing the light bulb.

Practice makes perfect!

Presently, these are my two loveliest Irish gentlemen pets. I can't ask for more.




No comments:

Post a Comment