Sunday, July 28, 2013

Christmas Ornaments

Sounds crazy but I'm making Christmas ornaments in July. I had leftovers of terracotta coloured air-dry clay so with some cookie cutters, a rolling pin and gold trimmings out came these 3 ornaments.

Roman Empire Look?

Using two round cookie cutters, one big and one small, I cut out a circle to form the base. Then I glued the leaves onto the circle with liquid model glue.The ornament is left to dry in its original terracotta colour and then given a clear coat of varnish.  I used an old heart pendant for the centre and wrap the chain around the wreath. The gold beads were then glued to the wreath with silicone glue.


A triple layered christmas tree

Using a christmas tree cookie cutter I cut two pieces of the same tree. The first piece is used as the base while the second is cut into 3 parts. Once all the parts are dried I glued the 3 parts with liquid modelling glue onto the base giving it a layered effect. Then I used acrylics to paint them. Finally I sprinkled some left-over beads (from my nail-varnish embellishments) onto the painted parts while they are still wet. The ornament is then varnished with a clear varnish.




And one for the dog!

Using a dog-bone cookie cutter I cut out the shape of the bone, left it to dry. Then I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz distress paint. (vintage colour) After that, I tied a bow around the bone, embellished it with flowers and gauze and then drew a paw print in one corner with a marker pen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment