Friday, March 29, 2013

Quilting

I enjoy hand quilting because I can take the project with me anywhere, especially when I watch tv. Unless the tv programme demands my full attention, I normally multitask. This is a lap quilt that I made for my late mother-in-law. I was told that she loved it and would show it to all who came to visit her.


An example of machine applique. The quilting is done by hand.


A quilted single bed cover using the binding technique




A christmas tree quilt to throw over the back of a sofa



                      Hand sewn applique and shadow quilting

                 

 A quilt for my daughter Sonya



A label behind a quilt for my nieceny

                    A quilt made from a jelly-roll


     This is a quilt I made for charity using simple blocks and rectangles. I was told that the child in the foster home loved it.

        This is a teddy bear quilt for Michael's grand nephew

                                   A Christmas wall hanging quilt


                             Quilted cushion with  musical instrument design


      This is a cover for my sewing machine.  I embroidered the centre picture with a mixture of wool and embroidery thread. Then mount it on yellow gingham before quilting it.






                            A quilted bag for the musician



                 Three patchwork-quilted cushions using jelly roll


Hand quilted king-size comforter with a Japanese theme.


           Another angle of the quilt


 Patchwork quilt using Hawaiian batik for my newspaper editor


Hand sewn baby quilt for our grand daughter



Crazy patchwork Christmas table runner


Quilted baby blanket with dinosaur motif for my grandnephew

  


I love hens so can resist quilting this foursome!



Hand applique and shadow quilting....dozens of hearts for a cushion

My friend gave me a half done project and I completed it. Cotton lace soaked in tea to get the vintage hue.


Sun flower cross stitch on hand quilted cushion for Michael's aunt who lives in Thurles

                    A close up of the 1st patch work cushion


                       A close-up of the 2nd cushion



A quilted bag with Peter Rabbit motif to house Easter delights
                 

                                       A combination of felt-applique and patchwork


                          A close up of the third cushion


























No comments:

Post a Comment